In this Policy, we describe how we collect, use, and disclose information that we obtain and what your rights are in this regard. This Policy applies to Quartesian LLC and its subsidiaries.
By using our Sites or our Services, or otherwise providing information to us, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. You also agree to the terms for accessing and correcting data as described in this Policy. Your use of our Sites or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service.
Quartesian is committed to ensure the security and protection of the personal information that we process and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. We have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by the data protection principles. However, we recognize our obligations in updating and expanding this program to meet the demands of all data privacy regulations.
Quartesian is dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our remit and has developed a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for the new Regulation. Our preparation and objectives for data privacy compliance include the development and implementation of new data protection roles, policies, procedures, controls, and measures to ensure maximum and ongoing compliance.
Information Collection & Use
While using our Site or services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you; the type of information collected shall be based on your interaction with us but may include your name, company name and address, contact information (phone and email), billing information, credit card details and any other information you choose to provide.
In addition to the above we may also collect information automatically which may include information about your use of our Sites or online Services through cookies (refer section 4), log files and other technologies. The information collected may include your domain name, your browser type and operating system, web pages you view, links you click, your IP address, the length of time you visit our Sites or use our Services, your activities on our Sites or Services (including your movement through our Sites), and the referring URL or the webpage that led you to our Sites.
How we use the information
The information collected by us may be used for the following purpose
• For the purpose for which you specifically provided the information to us, including, to respond to your inquiries, to provide any information that you request, to address trouble tickets, and for providing customer service.
• To deliver customized content to you, to offer location customization, personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Sites or our Services.
• The information may also be shared with marketing and sales partner to contact you with newsletters, special offers and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you as well as to track the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
• To help diagnose technical problems, for administrative purposes, to compile non-identifying aggregate statistics about site usage and to improve the quality of our website and services
• To protect our customers, employees, or property and to enforce this Policy, as well as our Terms of Service.
All financial and billing information that we collect is used solely to check the qualifications of prospective customers and to bill for services. This billing information is not used by us for marketing or promotional purposes.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is placed on your web browser, or on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device that will enable us to distinguish you from other users and provide you with a meaningful experience when you browse the website. Tracking cookies also allows us to improve the site for all our users. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Cookies merely recognize your browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself, you remain anonymous to us.
We at Quartesian collect two types of cookies
• Session cookies: these cookies are temporary and only last as long a user’s ‘browser session’. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Once the browser is closed, all session cookies will be deleted.
• Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device after a browser session has finished. How long each cookie lasts will be specified by each cookie. Persistent cookies will be activated each time that a user revisits the website that placed the cookie.
How to turn cookies off
Users can disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies and will be able to browse our website, but you might not be able to successfully use our service.
Third Party Sites
Pages within Quartesian’s website and software service may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites. When accessing a linked site, you may be disclosing your private information. Quartesian does not take responsibility to keep such information private and confidential.
Sharing of Collected information
Except in the cases where we explicitly state otherwise, Quartesian does not disclose any personally identifiable information to third parties except as follows:
• We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with applicable law, judicial proceedings, a court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• We may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
• We may share information with our marketing and sales partners as part of marketing/advertising campaign.
• We may also share information with third parties that are involved in study management (commonly practiced in our industry).
Quartesian reserves the right to share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
International Transfer of Data
By using our website, you consent to the collection, storage, transfer, and processing of your information by the Quartesian’s global business, its entities and affiliates, most of which are located outside of the EEA. Quartesian protects your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and our data privacy policies. In addition, we maintain the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure, or access, or accidental or unlawful destruction of or damage thereto.
All information is handled logically, fairly and carefully by our employees. We use world leading cloud-based systems but use no automated decision making when it comes to the categorization, classification and profiling of your personal data
If you submit your resume or otherwise apply for a job with Quartesian LLC or its subsidiaries, the information submitted by you shall be used and disclosed only for employment consideration; unless additional consent is obtained from you.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If individual personal data is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, Quartesian will notify the affected individual of the breach by using the contact information provided. Notice will be given promptly, consistent with the legitimate needs of law enforcement and any measures necessary for Quartesian or law enforcement to determine the scope of the breach and to assure or restore the integrity of the data system. Quartesian may delay notification if Quartesian or a law enforcement agency determines that the notification will impede a criminal investigation.
Any breach affecting individuals personal data shall trigger notification and communication as per the procedures defined within Quartesian.
How to Opt-Out of this Policy
At any time after providing us with the information, you change your mind about receiving commercial information from us or sharing your information with third parties, send a request specifying your new choice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Access, Correct, Amend or Delete Your Information
To access, correct, amend, or delete your account information and other personal information that the Company may be storing about you (for example, your name, address, or billing information), you may send an email to the following address: email@example.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity:
On receipt of any Subject Access Request and Data Portability request; actions will be initiated to fulfil the request within 30-day time frame, free of charge.
Under Subject Access Request; you may request
• confirmation that we are processing your personal data;
• a copy of your personal data; and
• other supplementary information as required
Under Data Portability; you may request
• copy of your personal data; and/or
• have your personal data transmitted from one controller to another controller.
Processing fee may be applicable if the request is found to be manifestly unfounded or excessive. If we charge a fee, we will inform you of this and explain the reasons for doing so. Steps will also be taken to verify the requestors identity prior to initiation of action.
For Data Portability requests the data shall be transferred only if found to be technically feasible.
If the request is complex and cannot be completed within the 30-day time frame we may extend the timeline; however, we will keep you informed of such extension with the reason for the same.
If you are not satisfied with the actions taken; you may seek recourse by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warranty and Liability
The information and materials contained in this site, including text, graphics, links or other items are provided as available. Quartesian and its affiliates does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy and completeness of this information and materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in this information and materials. No warranty of any kind, whether implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given in conjunction with the information and materials.
Data Privacy Objectives
We at Quartesian believe that measurement of data privacy objectives will help us take appropriate actions and decisions related to compliance. The primary purpose of these objectives is to always ensure compliance with data protection regulations. The data privacy objectives will be specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires us to disclose categories of Personal Information we collect and how we use it, the categories of sources from whom we collect Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we share it, which we have explained above.
We are also required to communicate information about rights California residents have under California law. You may exercise the following rights:
• Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the:
(1) categories of Personal Information we collect, use, or share;
(2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or used by us;
(3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and
(4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
• Right to Equal Service. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
• Right to Delete. You may submit a verifiable request to close your account and we will delete Personal Information about you that we have collected.
• Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
We do not sell the personal information of our users. For more information about these rights, please contact us.
By using our services and/or using any part of our website, you agree to our privacy practices.